Wildland Urban Interface (WUI)
Located in beautiful Beartooth Mountains, Red Lodge is adjacent to the vast Wilderness. Our Fire Division offers specialized training in Wildland firefighting to make sure our response can meet the demands of WUI.
SAR Tech II Training
Red Lodge Search and Rescue now has certified SAR Tech II Members!
Engine 71 always ready to respond
EMTs work together at training
Red Lodge Fire Rescue Home Page
You are visiting the official website for Red Lodge Fire Rescue.
Welcome to Red Lodge Fire Rescue
Red Lodge Fire Rescue is a combination volunteer and career fire department that serves the community of Red Lodge, Bear Creek, Luther, and surrounding areas located in scenic south-central Montana. Our busy community is home to about 3,500 people.
Red Lodge Fire Rescue provides comprehensive emergency services not often found in communities our size, but our unique location – a popular, year-round tourist destination at the edge of the Absaroka Beartooth Wilderness – demands that we provide a wide variety of quality emergency services.
Our members respond to:
- Medical emergencies, including critical care level calls
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Structure fires
- Wildland fires
- Search and rescue emergencies, wilderness, and highly technical rescues
- Many more life and property threatening emergencies
We also provide:
- Medical standbys at sporting and special events, such as our summer rodeos
- Community training and education
- Wildland fuels reduction program
- Large incident management support
Donate to Red Lodge Fire Rescue
Please consider supporting Red Lodge Fire Rescue via PayPal. You may donate to a specific division under the FIRE, EMS, or Search & Rescue menus above. Thank you!